ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT CRAWLEY
The ideal candidate will have a keen and methodical approach to their work and be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail. You will also have a good telephone manner, strong organisational skills along with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude. This role would suit a candidate who is familiar with book keeping processes or who has a basic financial background.
In addition, competence in MS Outlook/Word/Excel is requisite, while knowledge of multi-currency accounting and MS NAV accounting software would be an advantage, though not a necessity.
The Hunt & Palmer accounts department is a small and hardworking team responsible for the accounting administration of all companies within the Hunt & Palmer group, of which there are currently seven including overseas subsidiaries.
The Accounts Assistant role is a varied one and the post holder will be expected to perform the following accountancy functions:
- Purchase and Sales ledger processes and journal entries using the Company’s MS NAV accounting system and other software package as may be specified
- Circulating invoices to authorised persons internally for approval
- Setting up payment of invoices on the electronic banking system
- Bank Reconciliations
- Double entry book keeping
- Sales/purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Petty cash processes
- Perform Credit Control function when required
- Liaise with other offices and staff to ensure the correct procedures are followed in respect of the accounting process and answer any questions or enquiries from staff in this respect
- Balancing of petty cash float and receipts
- Administration of company credit card(s) and expenses
- Answering enquiries from clients and suppliers when required via telephone or in writing
- Assist the Group Finance Director in the preparation of reports and/or statements as required
- General filing and other accounts office duties
Hours of work
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours a week) and the normal hours of work are 9:00am-5:30pm* Monday – Friday with one-hour lunch break each day.
* Other start and finish times may be available by negotiation
This post reports to the Group Financial Controller
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK and will be required to provide evidence of this status if invited for an interview.
To register your interest for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to;
Barbara Bentley, Administration Manager
The closing date for applications is 27 September 2022
No agencies please